Monday, February 13, 2012

Who am I and what will this blog be about

About
To those of you, who do not know me personally - my name is Tomas, and I'm a .NET software developer, currently working and living in the Republic of Ireland. I'm usually mostly interested in the server-side of things and in services (ASMX WS, WCF etc) in particular, because I think that I lack this essential attention to details, needed to write good user-facing code. On the other hand, I've work for several years as a front-end developer - and everyone seeemed happy enough.

What is this blog about?
This blog will be for my software development related talks, usually perhaps related to some explorations into new (to myself at least) technologies, or about some technical problems, which I've successfully solved and whose solution might help some lost soul on the internet.

Why English?
Now this might not be a natural question to those of you, who don't know me. You see, I am a Lithuanian, and so my mother tongue might look like an obvious choice for the language of this blog, but for several reasons, I've decided to write this blog in english. Why?

  • First and foremost - this way I can possibly reach the largest number of readers, as most of software developers know English quite well. I myself search for technical articles only in English. So, if any of the posts here can be of any help to someone - this hugely increases my chances of reaching that  someone .
  • Another reason, although not as important as the first one, is to continually improve my English, so please, those of you, that are native English speakers and see any big mistakes in my writings - please be so kind to let me know about them in the comments.
What will not be published here
I will not be talking here about anything related to my day-to-day work. Even though technologies might sometimes be similar to those I use during my work hours (hey, I'm .NET dev during the daytime too!), but I am only blogging about things, that I do in my free-time.

No comments:

Post a Comment